Senior R&D Engineer
Holistick Medical is seeking a
Senior R&D Engineer (female/male)
Under the direction of the CEO, the Senior R&D Engineer will be responsible for conducting and managing our internal and external R&D activities.
This is a full-time opportunity based in Paris, France.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Defining the design and test strategies
- Designing, building, testing and evaluating of prototypes
- Setting up of internal prototyping facilities
- Selecting vendors and external collaboration partners, CRO
- Developing manufacturing processes and equipment
The role will substantially determine the technical strategy, but also the culture of the new company.
The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure start-up environment with quick communication, rapid iterative design and prototyping work, and strong organizational skills. The ability to juggle multiple short and long-term deadlines is a must. Ability to prioritize is critical to the success of this role .
- Experience with the development of polymeric class-III implants, preferably cardiovascular/structural heart implants.
- Familiarity with standard project management tools and design controls.
- Experience with biomaterials, polymer synthesis, polymer characterization and degradation.
- Experience with test method development, testing and validation of test methods.
- Experience with adhesives and light fiber optics is a plus.
- Proven track record to manage outside vendors and development partners.
- High level of autonomy as well as team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering the project on time and in budget.
- Hands-on attitude, out of the box thinking, cooperative attitude.
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills, stress-resistance.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and operate proactively.
- Ability to see “the big picture” within the project in order to be a primary resource to others.
- MSc level technical education, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of product development and project management experience
- Fluent command of English, French is a nice-to-have
- Ethics and personal values: The candidate is expected to operate with the highest levels of ethics and values and function in full trust from the team, the board and the investors.
- High Emotional Intelligence in order to understand verbal and non-verbal cues and manage relationships over geographical distance.
- Ownership and drive to execution: Hands-on, down-to-earth, self-driven and able to work with minimum day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to relocate to Paris, France.