VP of Cell Biology
Holistick Medical is seeking a
VP of Cell Biology (female/male)
Under the direction of the CEO and in liaison with the R&D manager, the VP of Cell Biology will be responsible for conducting and/or managing specific cellular biology / polymer interaction activities of the new project.
This is a full-time opportunity based in Paris, France.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall develop the company’s understanding and expertise on cardiac cell biology and interactions with external scaffolds & adhesives
- Provide input and support design selection
- In vitro testing and evaluating of prototypes with regards to cell biology (cell growth, cell mechanical properties, etc.)
- Contribute to design of testing methods for the device, especially for the scaffold part
- Help develop animal testing plan integrating appropriate cellular level assessments
- In vivo testing of cell biology following use of various prototypes (including histology evaluation, mechanical evaluation, macro observations, etc.)
- Interact with Regulatory Affairs Manager to support regulatory filings
- Identifying skill sets needed and selecting additional employees to build up the team
The role will substantially determine the technical strategy, but also the culture of the new company.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, hard-working, autonomous, team oriented, and driven by a positive attitude. Flexibility to work in a start-up environment, requiring lean, efficient use of resources are required for success in this position.
- Experience with cellular and biomaterials testing
- Experience with cardiac scaffolds and / or in vivo adhesives is a plus
- Experience with medical devices development is a plus
- High level of autonomy as well as team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on attitude, out of the box thinking, cooperative attitude, action-driven
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills, stress-resistance
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and operate proactively.
- Ability to see “the big picture” within the project in order to be a primary resource to others
- PhD level technical education, or equivalent, in relevant cell biology field
- Selected expertise required with cardiac tissue
- Selected expertise desired around tissue-scaffold interactions
- Fluent command of English, French is a nice-to-have
- Ethics and personal values: The candidate is expected to operate with the highest levels of ethics and values and function in full trust from the team, the board and the investors.
- High Emotional Intelligence in order to understand verbal and non-verbal cues and manage relationships over geographical distance.
- Ownership and drive to execution: Hands-on, down-to-earth, self-driven and able to work with minimum day-to-day supervision.
- Willingness to relocate to Paris, France.